Saturday, July 14, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Pie


Yumm Update on bottom
Preheat oven 375o

Crust
1 cup peanut butter
4 packages of Splenda (taste, you may like it sweeter)

Spread crust in a glass pie pan but do not let it go up the sides.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes

Filling
8 ounces of cream cheese, soft and mixed with 4 packages of Splenda
 (again taste to see if it sweet enough)
2 cups of whipped cream  
(I make my own using cream, Splenda, and vanilla)

Fold cream cheese into whipped cream mixture, refrigerate about one hour. Then add to cooled crust and add topping, below.

Topping
Sugar free chococolate

Melt chocolate in microwave. 
(after I melted the chocolate I had to put the bowl in an ice water bath to thicken it a bit)

Drizzle chocolate over pie.  Take a toothpick and drag the chocolate length wise then width wise to make a decoration....

~I just made the above recipe but insead of cooking the crust I added cream to it to make it more spreadable and then spread it in my pie pan.  Added the cream cheese, whipped cream mixture, refrigerated one hour and then drizzled the chocolate and returned it to the fridge for 1/2 hour ... I then grabbed my spoon and ate 1/2 of it LOL... YUM~


~Happy Low-Carbing~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds great! I would never guess that cooked peanut butter could turn into solid crust... But the more PB the better, so I will try this recipe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rookie, the best peanut butter cookies are done with chunky peanut butter and Splenda. They come out, with what I think are the best p-butter cookies :O) thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. P/s... I think the better of the two above recipes is the one where you don't cook the P-Butter.. I love both but the one uncooked one was outta this world :O)

    ReplyDelete